phpbb will be the new operating system.

This is an open discussion forum about metal detecting. Please be generally polite and respectful. Please note that Dankowski Detectors now has Terms of Use provisions. Nothing has really changed, its just now everything is written down for the sake of those who in the past liked to argue. If anybody sees anything unreasonable or disagreeable in the Terms of Use, please let me know.
wildwally1
Site Admin

phpbb will be the new operating system.

Post by wildwally1 »

To all,

phpbb will be the new operating system because it seems to be well supported and has been recently updated. It will take we a little while to get used to running this board and to modify / customize it. I will check to approve new members every day, if not twice a day, for the next few months. I hope this works out well.

Respectfully,
wildwally1
Geordie

Re: phpbb will be the new operating system.

Post by Geordie »

Well done Wally - it's no easy decision to make a fresh start but I think having the old board there as a reference knowledgebase will be a big help.

I'm looking forward Ito being able to participate in discussions now that the new board is up and running.

Best wishes,
Dan
JCR

Post by JCR »

Thank you Wally for the upgrade. Now we can grow & move forward.
Chris
NASA-Tom

Post by NASA-Tom »

I'm posting a reply....... to SEE IF I CAN!!!
Sodbuster

Post by Sodbuster »

Excellent upgrade. Thank You! :D :D :D

looking forward to learning and participating.

Sodbuster (formerly "mikey" from old platform)
PulltabKing

Post by PulltabKing »

I'm like the new look.
RickUK

Post by RickUK »

One massive advantage the old forum had over this new one is the fact we had no spammers,this one has only been open 5 minutes or so and has more spam than genuine posts......at the moment this new one is not all that functional and the old one you cannot post because of software issues.....just my personal opinion if nothing is done quickly the once great forum will just die.
broadfield

Post by broadfield »

Finally able to register and post, thanks for accepting me.
Are we going to have some structure to the forum, with sub boards for different manufactures, detectors, finds and General stuff?

Looking forward to the excellent content of the old forum continuing here, hopefully can now help or contribute.
broadfield

Post by broadfield »

RickUK wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:27 pm One massive advantage the old forum had over this new one is the fact we had no spammers,this one has only been open 5 minutes or so and has more spam than genuine posts......at the moment this new one is not all that functional and the old one you cannot post because of software issues.....just my personal opinion if nothing is done quickly the once great forum will just die.
Maybe needs some moderators to delete spam/inappropriate content.
PulltabKing

Post by PulltabKing »

I have to say I'm disappointed these spam posts haven't even been deleted and the username banned. This forum will absolutely fail if this isn't taken care of.
We need a moderator bad before it's too late.

Wally, this might be helpful in slowing down the spam.

https://michelkraemer.com/5-anti-spam-m ... or-phpbb3/