MINELAB MANTICORE: DATA & PERFORMANCE

This is an open discussion forum about metal detecting. Please be generally polite and respectful. Please note that Dankowski Detectors now has Terms of Use provisions. Nothing has really changed, its just now everything is written down for the sake of those who in the past liked to argue. If anybody sees anything unreasonable or disagreeable in the Terms of Use, please let me know.
Geordie

MINELAB MANTICORE: DATA & PERFORMANCE

Post by Geordie »

As the old Phorum forum is remaining in its current state for read-only reference, I'd suggest new threads be created here with a simple link back to the original so that discussions can continue on the new board.

Original thread last page here:
http://dankowskidetectors.com/discussio ... 74,page=34

And the first:
http://dankowskidetectors.com/discussio ... 174,page=1
NASA-Tom

Re: MINELAB MANTICORE: DATA & PERFORMANCE

Post by NASA-Tom »

This is a secondary option.
The primary option is....... Wally is going to bring over the top 10 (mega) threads. , . , . , . so they can continue. (((There are other (multiple) implications/rationale for doing such))).
Airtemisa

Post by Airtemisa »

Hi again Tom,

I have an interesting (and interested) question for you:

In my wet salty beaches from northern Spain, in a zone infested with iron, like a gun machine sometimes, what would be your recommended search mode and settings when using M8 coil for best separation?

Thanks again!
NASA-Tom

Post by NASA-Tom »

I believe that the #1 thing that you are looking for.... is: Audio Profile = Prospecting.

Now...... the #2 thing is your
Ferrous Limits - Upper
and
Ferrous Limits - Lower
Answer: IF there are very few steel bottlecaps.....(and you can handle/do the 'learning-curve'!!!)...... I would recommend Upper = 4...and Lower = 0. Then........ dig the (almost completely/purely 'clean') non-ferrous high tones.

IF you are ALSO infested with steel bottlecaps (and possibly: sheet steel/tin)...... then I would run/recommend: Upper = 4 and Lower = 3 (or 4)..... depending how much ear-bashing (and learning-curve) you are willing to accept.

In ANY case: Hunt by audio ONLY. Do not look at the 2D screen. (It'll talk you out of more digs than you want)!

IF these settings are TOO aggressive....... you may start out with Upper = 7 & Lower = 6 (((yet; I do not recommend this...... as I think you will (in a VERY short period of time)..... "understand" the audio language of 4 & 0))).
NASA-Tom

Post by NASA-Tom »

((( ..... and Recovery Speed still remains on '4' )))
Airtemisa

Post by Airtemisa »

Thanks Tom!

I've read someone who said that on infested iron, RS of 2 gives better tone for separation. I haven't tested it (only because I have 3 little kids, always out of time, and when I go out detecting, is not time to do many experiments :lol:)

And, by example, in that trashy sites, what about trash reject mode for that? I use Low Conductors, prospecting audio, RS4 90% of time, but just wondering... :idea:

I prefer thinking and studying before doing, not the opposite. And your help is invaluable
NASA-Tom

Post by NASA-Tom »

Trash Reject Mode on detectors..... is more of a Notching/Disc approach.
Airtemisa

Post by Airtemisa »

Thats it! :D

And wanted to know your opinion using that mode in that enviroment. I did a test on friday at the beach, and it was "strange". I didnt like it. However, i tried it on land, and it was nice.
NASA-Tom wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:45 pm Trash Reject Mode on detectors..... is more of a Notching/Disc approach.
NASA-Tom

Post by NASA-Tom »

The Trash Reject Mode does indeed have employability; yet, is truly meant for beginners: turn-on-and-go Mode.
Tnsharpshooter

Post by Tnsharpshooter »

Video showing how Manticore can be set up to help user expose targets masked by nails. ATLC used. Remember nickel is low conductor. This Matters!!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0NsHWWXc8EQ