MINELAB MANTICORE: DATA & PERFORMANCE

This is an open discussion forum about metal detecting. Please be generally polite and respectful. Please note that Dankowski Detectors now has Terms of Use provisions. Nothing has really changed, its just now everything is written down for the sake of those who in the past liked to argue. If anybody sees anything unreasonable or disagreeable in the Terms of Use, please let me know.
NASA-Tom

Re: MINELAB MANTICORE: DATA & PERFORMANCE

Post by NASA-Tom »

Steve....... I want to make sure I understand you correctly.
You DO have different/full tone options whilst in Goldfield Mode. . . . under: Target Tones. You can even run 1-Region All-Tones. You can also adjust Ferrous Limits - Upper.....and..... Ferrous Limits - Lower.,.,.,.,.,.,., which would ALSO generate a low (iron) tone...for the ferrous targets.
Does this help? ( I feel like I may be missing your question/intent! ).
glasartisan

Post by glasartisan »

No, your fine Tom, I wasn't fully understanding the settings that were or were not available in the goldfield mode and how to convey what I was trying to do with them. You cleared most of that up. What I'm not sure about yet is the prospecting audio theme in goldfield. I understand that the other 3 audio themes are available in the goldfield mode. I understand target tones are not available in prospecting or depth audio themes, and also ferrous pitch is not available for depth and prospecting also. But the ferrous tone/volume has me confused when in the prospecting audio, goldfield mode. It has 2 boxes of choice, ferrous pitch and ferrous volume. Pitch is not available, volume is. I can not vary the volume of an iron nail when in all metal but I get the red numbers showing up. I press the horseshoe button off and it descrims out the nail. My default upper limits is set at 6. Because ferrous volume is a choice under prospecting theme, I would expect to be able to vary it in the prospecting theme, no? Missing something? Now what I think has something to do with ferrous volume is under prospecting theme, you have 3 choices, 2 threshold adjustments and ferrous tone that has its arrows grayed out and is in off position. If I know how to turn this to the on position, I might have my ferrous volume adjustable in the prospecting theme?. Hope all this makes sense. Thank you, Steve
camoi

Post by camoi »

Hello dear friends!

I'm quite a beginner when it comes to detectorism, I've only been practicing for 3 years. Approximately 10 months ago I purchased a manticore and recently the M8 coil and I didn't have good results compared to the M11 coil.

I would like a configuration suggestion to configure the detector. I hunt 90% of the time in water (salt water) in the surf area and in the bath (water up to my neck)

I generally use the same default configuration.

Another thing, I have a doubt regarding the balance of the ground for hunting in water. I perform the swing outside the water or inside the water.

Thank you in advance for any tips you can give me to improve.
Tnsharpshooter

Post by Tnsharpshooter »

Video showing target trace can show more than numerical ID can.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3rr6ubUdCPA&t=5s
NASA-Tom

Post by NASA-Tom »

All-Terrain: High Conductors will db-down (lower) the sensitivity on the lower foil conductor.......... and db-up (increase) the sensitivity/resonance on the silver dime.,.,.,.,.,., which......... in turn......... will give better audio, numeric & 2D X-Y graph presentation......that a high conductor exists.

You could do a Notch window......... which would clip the lower audio....... leaving only the higher-tone audio.
steveg

Post by steveg »

Tnsharpshooter wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:38 pm Video showing target trace can show more than numerical ID can.

David,

I have limited time available, most of the time, so little opportunity to watch many videos, but I did watch this one. Excellent job. I have heard that exact signal a number of times (the one when you were in "all tones," as I hunt in "all tones.") I dug a few, early on when learning the machine, and they were junk (can slaw-ish types of targets), so I usually won't dig that signal. BUT -- to see your foil/silver dime example giving that very tone, it shows me that I need to pay closer attention to that type of signal, ESPECIALLY if I utilize the target trace to see if it is painting both a low conductor (on the left) and a high conductor (on the right). It is a very unique, unmistakable signal, from a audio perspective, and I will pay much closer attention to that signal, from here forward.

Excellent job demonstrating that.

Steve
Tnsharpshooter

Post by Tnsharpshooter »

steveg wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:31 pm
Tnsharpshooter wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:38 pm Video showing target trace can show more than numerical ID can.

David,

I have limited time available, most of the time, so little opportunity to watch many videos, but I did watch this one. Excellent job. I have heard that exact signal a number of times (the one when you were in "all tones," as I hunt in "all tones.") I dug a few, early on when learning the machine, and they were junk (can slaw-ish types of targets), so I usually won't dig that signal. BUT -- to see your foil/silver dime example giving that very tone, it shows me that I need to pay closer attention to that type of signal, ESPECIALLY if I utilize the target trace to see if it is painting both a low conductor (on the left) and a high conductor (on the right). It is a very unique, unmistakable signal, from a audio perspective, and I will pay much closer attention to that signal, from here forward.

Excellent job demonstrating that.

Steve
You are welcome Steve.
This happened to me testing M8 coil in one of my controlled sites. Audio just not quite right for high conductor, trace told me to dig. Out jumped silver dime. Hmm
Key is run speed slower for trace to be some what beneficial.
Tnsharpshooter

Post by Tnsharpshooter »

A freeze trace screen option in menu?? Hmmm

I would like to see this. Would make detector trace screen easier to photograph or video for info sharing.
Tnsharpshooter

Post by Tnsharpshooter »

Here’s site to read about update and or do update of Manticore.
https://www.minelab.com/usa/manticore-software-upgrade

Link to user’s manual that has update data incorporated.
https://www.minelab.com/__files/f/50505 ... e%20EN.pdf
Tnsharpshooter

Post by Tnsharpshooter »

Comparison video I did.
ATLC and beach low conductors.
Foil masker and gold ring.
Running disc 00-03.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A_pY0XA-GgM

Another video. Reynolds foil as masker and small gold ring. Disc 00-10. Comparing ATLC and Beach Low Conductors.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppnC0kK3LI