MANTICORE NEW USER: BEACH SALT WATER BEST SETTINGS HELP

This is an open discussion forum about metal detecting. Please be generally polite and respectful. Please note that Dankowski Detectors now has Terms of Use provisions. Nothing has really changed, its just now everything is written down for the sake of those who in the past liked to argue. If anybody sees anything unreasonable or disagreeable in the Terms of Use, please let me know.
NASA-Tom

Re: MANTICORE NEW USER: BEACH SALT WATER BEST SETTINGS HELP

Post by NASA-Tom »

Beautiful ring!
Was this IN the water? (((Which (I believe) is your intended hunting site))).
How high were you able to run Sens?
camoi

Post by camoi »

Good evening (here from Brazil) friend.
Yes, it was in the water(~1m), a beach with lots of black sand and coral remains.
This beach is very problematic.
Even so, I managed to use your program with sensitivity 29-30, strange that regardless of the sensitivity, it kept giving a false signal with ID 1 and ID 2, I was tempted to activate the notch on these IDs but I didn't. After 4 hours of detection with the M8 I tested the M11 but found nothing with the M11.

I think I used too much power (sensitivity) but using too much sensitivity can cause the loss of deeper objects. I started with sensitivity 27 and it got this id1 and id2 signal, I increased it to 30 and it continued, and there were no changes. but I didn't reduce it. What do you think Tom? Should I reduce? Next Saturday I will go there again.

Note: with the equinox 800 on this same beach, the best I could do was use sens 17 on the beach2 with the EQX11 and up to sens 21 with the EQX6

Thanks again for the tips @NASA-Tom.
Clive James' book arrived yesterday, I'm reading it, I saw that it has his program in it for the M11 coil.
The
Here in Brazil there isn't much technical material or technical groups.

Secret Beach 2021 first year detecting
Praia "Secreta"
Praia "Secreta"
20210327_075412.jpg (130.71 KiB) Viewed 631 times
NASA-Tom

Post by NASA-Tom »

Beautiful photo!!!
Beautiful beach!!!
But...... the beach is so secret...... that no one is there! How could there be any losses (for you to find with a metal detector)!!!???

Yes...... the saltwater will false....with a ID of 1 & 2.
With Sens on 30..........VS...........Sens on 27 = the depth/sensitivity gain is negligible . , . , . , . especially if it increases the numbers/volume of the 'falses'.

BUT........ a Sens of 27 on Manticore..............VS..............a Sens of 21 on EQX.,.,.,.,., is a LARGE performance difference!!! With the Manticore's ability to run Sens SEVERAL points higher (over the EQX)...... you WILL see/experience a formidable performance gain with Manticore.
camoi

Post by camoi »

Secret beach is the nickname that some colleagues gave to this area of ​​Muriú beach - RN/Brazil.
In 2021 we were still in the Covid pandemic, so few people were going out. but this area has a very popular restaurant, especially among newlyweds on a trip.
And the loss of wedding rings is common.
On the day of this photo I took two rings, one 18k and the other 16k with my old equinox 800.
I started hunting in September 2020 with a Vanquish 540 ProPack.
since 2014 I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease called Dermatomyositis and detection has been my ally in having a better life
20210316_082224.jpg
20210316_082224.jpg (81.97 KiB) Viewed 625 times
20210327_064526.jpg
20210327_064526.jpg (173.84 KiB) Viewed 625 times
20210327_064526-edit-20240401002003.jpg
20210327_064526-edit-20240401002003.jpg (60.58 KiB) Viewed 625 times
Rick, N. MI

Post by Rick, N. MI »

Great photos and good info.
NASA-Tom

Post by NASA-Tom »

Being exposed to saltwater......has a lot of medicinal attributes. Then add the benefits of being in the sun.........and many illnesses can be mitigated. Triggering endorphins (find a gold ring helps)!......is yet; another life-saver.
camoi

Post by camoi »

Hello NASA-TOM,

Have you ever used your program in BEACH GENERAL mode instead of BEACH LOW CONDUCTORS?

If so what were the results, especially IN WATER?

Thanks again for your precious time!
NASA-Tom

Post by NASA-Tom »

Yes. Beach - General..... is more calm/stable; yet, a bit less sensitive. Especially to small gold targets.
camoi

Post by camoi »

Good evening friend NASA-Tom
Just one more question because there is a big debate about this.
In this configuration, you use the factory firmware (stock) or the update available on the minelab website.
I work with technology and servers and generally all firmware serves to fix bugs or apply improvements in relation to the previous firmware.
However, many people claim that the old firmware is more efficient and effective than the update. I have been using the updated version since it was released.
What could you tell us about this?
NASA-Tom

Post by NASA-Tom »

Truthfully........ beach performance (real-World///real-time))) should be unaffected.
I too.....have the most updated software.,.,.,., and have spent PLENTY of time on BOTH old & new software. , . , . , . , . and zero problems with the new software.